Floor Sanding Company in Kensington
We provide professional wood floor sanding, restoration and repair services in Kensington. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Dust-free floor sanding & restoration services in Kensington, W8
We are proud to deliver the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field of floor sanding and restoration and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout Kensington. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal-disruption, highly efficient wood floor sanding services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from our Wood Floor Sanding in Kensington, W8?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your Kensington project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard or work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
Wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in Kensington means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to details and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Wood Flooring Services we Provide in Kensington, W8
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
When working with us, you will get more than your usual wood flooring service. We strive to achieve the best results possible because we have a real passion for real wood flooring. We have a tailored approach to each floor and recommend only the necessary services.
Floor finishes available with our floor sanding & restoration services in Kensington, W8:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Kensington Say About Us
“Excellent job done by the team. Result was better than I expected. Team was efficient. Finishing before time, and friendly! Thank you.”
Mr. J. Hoffman, from Kensington, W11
Mr. T. Hasanaj, from Kensington, SW5
Mr. S. Chida, from Kensington, W2
Quick and efficient.
Mr. H. Wilson, from Kensington, W8
The floor looks very good.
Mr. A. Gilbertson, from Kensington, W8 6TY
Excellent job, very professional. We are very happy with our flooring.
Mrs. Y. Robbins, from Kensington, W14 0RJ
“Exceeding good guys. Very diligent. Very pleased with the work.”
Mrs. K. Fazakerley, from Kensington, SW4
Excellent work. Also very helpful in terms of coordinating the job with us. Thanks again for a fantastic work.
Mrs. V. Handal, from Kensington, W8 6QU
The two chaps had left before I arrived home yesterday so I didn't get chance to thank them for the work. Please do pass on my gratitude to them both. The floor looks absolutely stunning - they were extremely efficient, helpful and reassuring and I am extremely impressed with the service.
Many thanks for your help and I will certainly recommend your company to friends who need flooring restoration in the future.
Mr. Lee-Roberts, from Kensington, W14 0SZ
Great job. We are very pleased.
Mrs. M. Newitt, from North Kensington, W10 6PJ
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Kensington
Local Project: Sanding & Refinishing Of Oak Parquet Blocks in Kensington
The restoration of the parquet flooring is something we have been specialising for more than a decade. This process required a particular set of skills, mostly due to the unique pattern of the blocks, facing opposite directions. In this case, we had to restore the initial shine of this flooring and it was a good thing there was no need for any major repairs. Most of the issues we had to deal with were shallow.
Such wood floor restoration projects include a few steps:
- The floor must be clean of furniture – the heavy furniture that can’t be moved outside of the room can be secured with dustsheets.
- Here starts the real job – stripping off the old surface with the belt sander. The floor sanding happens in 3 rows with a different grit on the sandpaper from finer to higher.
- Gap filling was necessary to make the whole structure more stable, but since the gaps were not that wide, our team could fill them with mixture of sawdust and resin.
- In this stage of the project comes the floor buffing. This process removes the marks from the rough sanding and prepares the surface for the finish.
- The last step was applying the protective sealant. As an established company, we trust the only top-quality product, which is why for the highest level of protection we applied 4 coats of ‘Junckers HP Commercial’. After the application of the first coat, we had to polish the floor one more time, because, after the treatment, the timber grains are rising. The sheen of this water-based lacquer was satin, so the final result can match the brand new parquet blocks we’ve installed in the other room.
Local Project: Essex Church in Notting Hill Gate - Parquet Floor Sanding & Restoration in Kensington
The beautiful parquet at the Essex Church, Kensington
was in need of restoration. Our team carefully sanded, buffed, gap filled and lacquered the floor. We used very durable solvent based lacquer - Junckers Professional 625
in matt sheen.
Local Project: Hardwood Floor and Stairs Sanding and Refinishing in Kensington
Owning a beautiful wooden floor is a dream of many home owners. Owning a wooden staircase to complement the overall look and create an atmosphere of elegance and cosiness – even a bigger dream. We are always happy to undertake projects such as this one, where we can take care not just of the wooden floor, but also the wooden staircase. Home owners often tend to forget about the fact that wooden stairs also need some attention and care. Even more upkeep than a wooden floor, in most cases, because wooden stairs experience a lot of high traffic and heavy footfall besides the impact of temperature fluctuations, humidity, and moisture that can affect the condition and the appearance of the wooden floor too.
The first thing we do when we start a project like this is inspecting and assessing the condition of the floor and the wooden stairs. No sanding or refinishing service is started before we make sure the floor and stairs are in perfect condition, sound and stable, safe and convenient to use. In case we detect a more in-depth problem, we always make sure to solve it first and ensure a high-quality repair and renovation treatment. In this case, no repairs and fixes were needed, therefore we were ready to continue with sanding the floor and the stairs. Wood floor sanding is a very popular professional service and there is no wonder why.
It makes the most visual impact by removing the old finish and traces of wear and tear, along with other surface imperfections such as scratches, marks, stains, dents, dirt build-ups, and more. However, besides improving the floor and stairs visually, sanding is also extra beneficial for the condition of the wooden floorboards. By removing all issues, sanding ensures more durability and stability for your floor and stairs. After both the floor and the staircase are entirely sanded and the wooden surfaces are even, uniform, smooth, and flawless, we can continue with lacquering them. A couple of layers of high-quality lacquer finish are essential for giving the wooden surfaces an elegant touch and this look of timeless beauty. Lacquering the floors and stairs is crucial for ensuring durable and lasting protection.