Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in East London?
Our speciality in wood floor sanding and restoration is available across East London. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout East London.
As a leading flooring company in London, we bring the finest floor finishing service to East London. Whether it's your home or your place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and insurance bonded flooring service, with a portfolio of 1000s satisfied clients.
What's Included in Our Floor Sanding in East London?
Our wood floor sanding services in East London comes with obligation free site visit and quotation as well as expert advice on floor sealing products and maintenance. When you choose FlooringFirst! in East London, you are getting a service with an eye on the detail, and a Customer Service team, striving to achieve excellent care, available 7 days a week. All our services are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public & Treatment Risk Insurance.
Our range of floor sanding and restoration services in East London:
- Floorboards, hardwood and parquet floor sanding and sealing
- Floor repairs - partial refitting and local replacement of floorboards, parquet, engineered and hardwood flooring; repairs of water damaged floors, including parquet, hardwood or engineered floors.
- Gap filling and minor touch ups
- Floor staining - we offer a wide range of wood dyes and can provide a number of samples before to proceeding with re-finishing your floors, including whitewashed and grey finishes.
- Soundproofing floorboards and decreasing drafts in floors
- Supply and install seasoned / reclaimed original pine floorboards, hardwood and reclaimed parquet flooring to recover damage of existing floors.
- We supply of prime and rustic parquet flooring, solid and engineered floors
- We install new and replace skirting boards, beading and mouldings
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and it can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst! in East London is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt, reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Finishes available with FlooringFirst! restoration services:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from East London Say About Us
Helpful with moving furniture back into office. Nice guys.
Mr. L. Southon, from City of London, EC2V 7NG
Really good job. The men were professional and courteous.
Mr. P. McKenna, from City of London, E1W 3DR
Great job. Thank you.
Mr. I. Wild, from City of London, EC2Y 8DL
Excellent work. Really nice guys. Credit to company.
Mr P. Barker, from London, SW19 2DG
Doctor George Koukoutas, from London,
An excellent job.
Mr A. Flint, from London, N6 5TD
Very good work. Very proffesional and good attitude.
Mrs J. Ditch, from London, SW18 3HT
Your team was excellent!
Mr Amin, from London, W1T 4HJ
Great job, very friendly and proffesional service.
Mr Harry, from London, WC1X 0JD
Very good work. Thank you. Very happy with result and fitter.
Mrs. A. Littler, from London Bridge, SE1 3PN
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in East London
Local Project: Sanding And Varnishing Solid Oak Flooring In a Pub in East London
In this floor restoration project, our team faced a large area of neglected solid oak flooring. In fact, the surface of the floor was covered with a new protective top layer from thickened dirt. On the other hand, the overall condition of the flooring turned out to be good. When the imperfections are mostly on the surface, there is one common method to solve all the problems – the floor sanding service, and this was the reason our team was hired in the first place.
The first stage of the process started with the coarsest abrasive - 24 grit, which is the most appropriate in situations like this when the surface is in poor condition. The following rounds were with lower grits - 40 and 60 that made the top layer smooth, levelled and ready for sealing. Of course, for better visual appearance the fitters had to fill the gaps, before the last step. Since the gaps were not so wide they were filled with a mix from sawdust remains and resin filler. Then the floor was buffed one more time before varnishing. Like we already mentioned this was a commercial area suffering from high foot traffic, which is why the perfect choice for finishing product was ‘Bona Traffic HD’. This finish is water-based, this means its non-yellowing with low VOC substance. This full process was done also on 15 steps of stairs, their restoration was also necessary because there would be a huge difference between them and the shining wood floor.
The area was approx. 118 sqm which made it a laborious task and it took 6 days to be completed. The end results were more than satisfying for us and for our clients.
Local Project: Wood Floor & Stairs Repair and Refinishing in East London
There is nothing more impressive than the results of a major wood floor renovation projects since the transformation is significant. It may seem like a lot of work and stress, but once the project is in the safe hands of experienced professionals like our company, nothing can go wrong. There is a lot that had to be done considering the condition of the existing floor and how worn and aged it was. It is not just the work on the floor but the wooden stairs needed some attention and care too in order to look like new. So our clients were a bit concerned since they didn’t have a major budget to work with and time was limited. They wanted flawless results as soon as possible and it was our job to provide them with the impressive outcomes they require despite the limited schedule of work. We started with inspecting the floor first and next we’ve provided our professional consultation. It was obvious that sanding and refinishing the floor wouldn’t be enough as some repair jobs and restoration treatments were required too so the floor can not only look amazing but also be very stable and durable and last for many more years.
The condition of the floor was very poor. Due to extensive use, high traffic, and not regular maintenance, some of the floorboards were loose, others needed to be replaced entirely due to their poor condition. We’ve replaced all the distressed floorboards with the closest match we’ve been able to find. Thankfully, we work in partnership with a wide network of renowned manufacturers and we were able to find almost identical floorboards. Once all floorboards were fixed perfectly and the floor was finally stable and solid enough to be safe and convenient to use, we’ve proceeded with the first round of sanding. Next, we continued with filling in the gaps in between the boards that occur due to the age of the floorboards.
Finally, the surface was completely smooth and strong and we were able to continue with sanding and refinishing the floor and the wooden stairs too. Wood floor sanding is really an impressive treatment that can completely transform the look of aged and tired floors and stairs made out of real wood. It gets rid of all imperfections, smooths out the surface, and prevents the risk of potential major problems. The even and uniform wooden surface was finally achieved and we continued with staining the floorboards as requested by our clients in an elegant brown shade that rejuvenated the floor significantly and brought it back to life. To finish up the job on the floor and the wooden stairs we sealed them with an elegant and classic lacquer finish that made the wooden surfaces very shiny and beautiful. Lacquer finishes are a great choice for older wooden floors as they ensure a hard-wearing and lasting protection and preservation. It is safe to say that this project required a lot of elbow grease and energy, but we are happy that our clients are now more than delighted and enjoy their freshly renovated floor and stairs.