Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Walthamstow?
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and repair specialists for your Walthamstow flooring project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout Walthamstow
We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout Walthamstow. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal-disruption, highly efficient wood floor services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results achieved.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from Our Wood Floor Sanding in Walthamstow?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your Walthamstow project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard or work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
A wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in Walthamstow means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to details and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and a comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in Walthamstow:
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
When working with us, you will get more than your usual wood flooring service. We strive to achieve the best results possible because we have a real passion for real wood flooring. We have a tailored approach to each floor and recommend only the necessary services.
Floor finishes available with FlooringFirst! sanding & restoration services in Walthamstow:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Walthamstow Say About Us
Mr. N. Cliffors, from Walthamstow, E17
“Many thanks. May I also take this opportunity to say how fantastic the gents who have laid the floor have been. They have been brilliant from start to finish - they are punctual, polite, tidy and very professional. I will certainly not hesitate in recommending your company to family and friends who are wishing to have timber / laminate floors laid.”
Ms. C. Smith, from Walthamstow, E17
“Very pleased-operatives were friendly, on time and paid good attention to detail. Many thanks.”
Mr. C. Smith, from Walthamstow, E17
“Very nice. Attention to details.”
Mrs. J. Jerrold, from Walthamstow, E17
Fantastic job. Installer worked very hard. Very satisfied.
Mr. P. Allen, from Walthamstow, E17
Excellent job - first class service!
Mrs. D. Casey, from Walthamstow, E17 9HG
Excellent service. Fast install and good quality . Very happy with the job.
Mr. S. Grayson, from Walthamstow, E17 7QE
Mrs. D. Orchard, from Walthamstow, E17 5RR
Great service and very happy with the end result.
Mrs. S. Maguire, from Walthamstow, E17 3JG
Very pleased with job.
Mr. S. Terry, from Walthamstow, E17 6QS
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Walthamstow
Local Project: Sanding & Staining Victorian Floorboards in Dark, Jacobean Oak Colour in Walthamstow
Staining a hardwood floor is not something you can entrust to someone without proper skill and experience. Out next task involved just this – staining a floor in a dark brown colour also known as Jacobean.
Dark hardwood flooring is pretty fashionable right now but comes with a few downsides. The stain may be dark but the wood below is not. If you happen to scratch it – the damage will be very noticeable. It will also require more frequent cleaning since dust and dirt also tend to show and kind of stick out. Unfortunately, the popular trend does not necessarily mean a practical one.
A stain cannot be applied on top of an existing finish, so we first had to strip the old one and as it is custom – buff the surface to prepare it. After this, we apply the stain, leave it some time to dry, seal it and apply the last coats of finish. As far as sheens go, satin is the most common choice right now and our client decided to go for it. We needed only two days to complete the job and leave the customer with one trendy, fashionable and attractive brown looking floor.
Local Project: Restoration Of Hardwood Flooring in Walthamstow
Solid flooring could be a beautiful addition to any room. It gives power to your imagination. But like any natural product, it wears off with time and this is where our job starts…
When we first came to visit the apartment, it came to our attention that the boards were in pretty good condition. There were just a few marks and scratches. As you can see, there was a lot of furniture in the room. It’s always best to remove as much of them you can because we will need space to move around the room easily. Any old coverings and carpets will be removed also.
Another important detail is that all nails should be checked and any sitting above the timber must be nailed down to avoid any sandpaper ripping.
First, we had to smooth the area by stripping the current sealant. We go on with installing the sandpaper on the drum of the sander – professional equipment is a must, that’s why we trust the dust-free Bona sander to do the best job. After this is done we move to the edges that couldn’t be reached. We use edging sander for perfect results.
The flooring is then buffed and cleaned of any remaining dust, so a sealant can be applied. Our customers required an extra-matt sheen as it gives the wood a natural, raw look. Junckers HP Commercial was the final step in completing this job. We applied 3 coats, so it can be sealed nicely and they can enjoy it for a long time.