FlooringFirst! Terms & Conditions Of Sale
- TERMS OF CONTRACT
- VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT)
- DELIVERY & CHARGES
- PRODUCT GUARANTEE
- CANCELLATION & RETURNS
- “The Company”, “We”, “Us” - is in regards to "Trades Centre Ltd" T/A "FlooringFirst" registered at Unit 3, 158 Coles Green Road, London, NW2 7HW.
- “Floor Fitter”, “Floor man”, “Operator” - means the person/group of people carrying out floor restoration, maintenance or floor fitting services on behalf of Flooring Centre Ltd.
- “Client” - means the person, company or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 1985 to whom the maintenance services are supplied by Trades Centre Ltd.
- “Client’s Address” – is the billing address used by the client to place an order with Flooring Centre
- “Service” - refers to any services provided by Trades Centre Ltd.
Unless the context requires otherwise, a reference to the singular includes the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
The Headings contained in Trades Centre Ltd Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
- These Terms & Conditions represent a contract between Trades Centre Ltd and the Client.
- Both parties shall ensure that their respective responsibilities under this agreement are undertaken in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- The Client agrees that any use of Trades Centre Ltd services, including placing an order for goods over the telephone, fax, email, website forms shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail over any other Terms of Business or Purchase Conditions put forward by the Client.
- No variation or alteration of these Terms & Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
3. QUOTATIONS & PRICES
- Flooring Centre Ltd uses either metric measurements or national average room sizes when calculating quotations over the telephone.
- Product quotations over the phone or in writing are based on current stock availability and pricing of the products. If not accepted at the time of providing this quote or within the outlined in the quotation period, we keep the right to amend our prices accordingly, if required.
- All prices published on our website are accurate to the best of our knowledge and we make every effort to keep our product catalogue pricing updated at all times. In case of any pricing error or suppliers price increase, which has failed to notify in a reasonable time, the Company reserves the right to Cancellation of Sale.
- All our prices are subject to VAT and usually quoted as a final price, inclusive of Vat, unless otherwise stated.
5. GOODS DELIVERY & CHARGES
Delivery prices provided on our website are based on the location, dimensions and weight of the goods. Delivery charges are subject to VAT.
Goods can be delivered from Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 17:00, exclusive of Bank Holidays. Delivery dates and times are provisional. Trades Centre Ltd is not liable for any additional costs that might result from not delivering the goods on the promised date and time.
Please do not book any builders before receiving the goods you ordered.
We are currently unable to accept orders that are billed or delivered to destinations outside of the United Kingdom.
The delivery vehicle is either lorry or van, so the delivery address should be accessible. In case of obstacles such as time or road restrictions, you should notify us in advance and discuss alternative delivery options. You or someone else who will be responsible for signing the delivery note should be available on the day of the delivery to meet the driver.
Delivered goods cannot be left in garages, garden, porches or other location. Ensure that a person will be able to assist the delivery guy with the unloading.
Delivery of goods to residential and commercial premises is the responsibility of the driver to designated address only. The driver is not obliged to offload the flooring goods inside premises due to Health & Safety reasons. Inability to comply with the above-mentioned requirements might result in delivery cancellation. There is a return delivery charge of minimum £70.00 on failed first-time delivery added to the cost of the initial delivery.
Once the delivery has been received please be aware that you should:
- Check if all the goods on your order have been delivered, or there are missing items;
- Check all the goods for damaged or opened items;
- Sign your Delivery Notice and return it to the driver.
5.1. Damaged or Missing Goods on Delivery
Missing or damaged items should be reported immediately over the phone to the Trades Centre on 020 88309787 or described on the delivery note. Do Not Let The Driver Go before you had checked all the goods delivered. Failing to report missing or damaged items, might result in your inability to claim refund or replacement of items.
5.2. Free Delivery & Limitations
Our FREE DELIVERY is a Special Offer, which applies to all orders within M25, Watford, St Albans, Harpenden and Slough - please see the full list of postcodes below or check with a member of staff.
- Free delivery applies to all orders over £500 (excl. VAT). Free delivery cannot be offered in conjunctions with other offers/promotions.
- Delivery between £5 and £75 applies to orders under £500 (excl. VAT).
- Next Day Delivery is subject to stock availability.
- Free Delivery Postcodes - NW, N, HA, UB, W, SW, KT, TW, W, WC, E, EC, SE, BR, IG, DA, BR, RM, WD, HP, AL, SL.
5.3. Hazardous Goods
Flammable or dangerous products can be delivered only by the company’s van within a 30-mile radius from the warehouse, which is based in London, NW2 7HW. For most of the hazardous products an alternative product is available, so consult our sales assistants for another option.
6. PRODUCT GUARANTEE
Not following the manufacturer's guidelines for product use affects your guarantee. Lack of Damp Proof Membrane on ground floors, use of inappropriate underlay or wrong installation affect your guarantee.
All flooring products come with manufacturing guarantee, which varies between the different products. Consult our sales assistants for more information on the guarantee of a particular product given by the manufacturer.
Samples sent to customers are a close representation of the products offered, however, we do not guarantee that the sample gives a full reflection of the wood flooring, since it is a natural product and no piece would be identical to another.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not guarantee that the product descriptions, colours or other content available on the website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Although we aim to keep the content of our website up to date and accurate, the information including product descriptions at a particular time may not always reflect the product exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted following our order policy.
7. PRODUCT RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS
Cancellation of an order with a full refund is available only for orders not dispatched for delivery.
Returns are accepted on products that have been dispatched from our or the manufacturer's warehouse to the customer. Returns are accepted within 30 days of the delivery or collection, against proof of purchase.
Flooring Centre will accept only returned goods if they are packed in their original packaging and have not been opened.
Goods are returned to Trades Centre Ltd on customer's own expense or at Collection service offered by Flooring Centre at an additional charge.
We cannot accept liability for returned goods lost in transit.
- Full refund applies to all consumables and accessories in original packaging.
- Refunds of flooring products are subject to a 25% restocking charge.
- All refunds on sales where Free Delivery has been offered for the original order are subject to a charge equal to the normal delivery cost on top of the 25% restocking charge.
7.3. GOODS WITH MANUFACTURERS FAULT
Manufacturing faults should be reported to Trades Centre Ltd as soon as they are noticed. Flooring Centre may instruct investigation before issuing any refunds, made either by Flooring Centre representative or arrange such by the manufacturer. The investigation might include forwarding images, or/and collection of a sample of the goods with the manufacturing fault to Flooring Centre or the manufacturer.
Further actions would be dictated by the conclusion of the report prepared after the investigation. If the goods are reported to have a manufacturing fault, they would be replaced free of charge.
Full refund is also available in such cases, with deduction of any Free Delivery implications from the original order (see Delivery) and application of Collection charges (should Collection be required).
7.4. GOODS EXCLUDED OF REFUNDS
- Beadings regardless of their condition
- Goods in damaged or open original packaging
- Damaged goods without manufacturing fault
- Goods, not stored while on customer premises by the manufacturer's recommendations
The company offers wood floor fitting and wood floor sanding services through its dedicated floor services division under the trademark of FlooringFirst. FlooringFirst is a trademark of Flooring Centre Ltd and the full copy of Terms & Conditions of Service is available here.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, and Wales.