Wood Floor Repairs
We, at FlooringFirst!, strive to take a good corner of each and every corner of your floors. Sometimes pieces of your floorboards, suffering physical damage, can be found. They can either be repaired by fixing the parts back together, or by replacing said pieces from your parquet, or another type of flooring.
Yes, we can help with floor repairs as well!
FlooringFirst! has close working relations with numerous suppliers of reclaimed wood materials and, in many cases, we will be able to find the same hardwood material that has been used in your floors (or one that closely resembles it). However, in case we cannot find a suitable match, we may be able to find some new wood material to replace said damaged areas. Afterwards, we will ensure that the new and old floor boards blend into eachother, without it being made obvious or even noticeable. This is usually done by adjusting the colour of the boards and blocks, or by staining the area with a colour of your choosing, or a colour close to the original appearance of your wood floor.
The repair might seem like an easy task to do, but we assure you that it's better left to the professionals. We will plan each stage of the project with utmost care, as well as provide all the necessary floorboards, machinery, and materials. Rest assured, our floormen are skilled, experienced and fully licensed veterans of the trade.
What does Wood Floor Repair Include?
As vague as it sounds, floor repairing actually involves a wide variety of activites, starting from replacing a wood block, filling gaps, sanding the floor, staining it, all the way up to sealing it. Our fitters utilize professionally developed materials, which are simply unavailable if you want to buy them over the counter, or in street shops. The machinery they will bring to your house is also a cut above the competition. Save yourself the hassle and let us help you. No matter the condition of the floor you have in mind for the restoration process, FlooringFirst can be of assistance, same way it has been of assistance in the past decade, ever since the company was created. We can fix any type of floor, be it residential, commercial, softwood, hardwood, natural, or laminated.
Why Choose Us?
We will carefully repair any damaged flooring, so please take a look below, to see what a typical repair project includes. However, keep in mind that certain steps might not be needed at all:
- Securing any loose floorboards and replacing the ones who are damaged beyond repair;
- Filling the gaps between the floorboards. Depending on the size of each gap, they can either be filled with a mix of wood dust and resin, or just by using wood slivers;
- Sanding, stripping, buffing. Many companies have adopted the policy of sanding, stripping, and buffing floors a certain amount of times, regardless of the specifics of the floor in question. We firmly believe that these procedures should be done according to the circumstances. We never cut corners or try to cut down on costs, putting the entire project at risk;
- Staining. Above all, whether or not you will have your floor stained, is a matter of a personal preference, and it might a good idea if you feel tired of the colour and the look of your floor. A properly applied stain can make the stained wood look authentic, and will give your room a vastly different look;
- Sealing. We can seal the floor by applying oil, wax, or lacquer. We only use approved and proven products, but it's up to you decide whether or not you will go with our recommendations. We will have no qualms if you want us to use a product you have previously bought. All of them have different advantages and shortcomings compared to the others, but each and every one of them have something unique to offer.
With years of experience in the flooring industry, providing floor repairs, installation services, and handling residential and commercial projects of every scale throughout London and the surrounding cities, we know we bring on the table proven products and techniques.
It has to be acknowledged that accidents do happen. Whether you're having a wall taken down, a fireplace being installed, a major leak bursts out, or something other unexpected happens, you can't be prepared for everything. Our teams of wood flooring professionals have the necessary skills, experience, technology, and most importantly - patience and determination, to help out and fix any type of hardwood mishap.
Tailored Solutions to Meet Your Needs
FlooringFirst's experts provide easy, step-by-step guidance, and will always try to find the best solution to suit your individual flooring needs. We take pride in our ability to help customers save time and money, by providing top quality and lasting solutions.
Our skilled floormen are able to replace your floor's damaged boards, using the same grade and type of wood, then fill all gaps and cracks with customised colour-mixed fillers, tailored to flawlessly match your own floor. They will help you get your floor back to its former beauty, then sand, stain, and varnish it, thus delivering excellent and long-lasting results.
Damaged Boards or Missing Pieces?
This will not prove to be any issue at all. We work closely with reclaimed wood floorboards suppliers, as well as solid wood and parquet, so we will not only restore your floor, but achieve an impeccable look, so much as to people might not even notice where the damaged parts used to be.
Our flooring service comes with obligation free site visit, quick quotations and free advice. Give us a call on 0800 0434359 or 020 88309782 to speak to a member of our staff, who can arrange for a free assessment of your floor sanding or wood floor fitting service at convenient for you time.