Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in North London?
Our specialty in wood floor sanding and restoration is available across North London. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout North London.
As a leading flooring company in London, we bring the finest floor finishing service to North London. Whether its your home or your place of work, you can rest assured that your
wooden floors are looked after by experienced and insurance bonded flooring service, with a portfolio of 1000s satisfied clients.
What's Included in Our Floor Sanding Service?
Our wood floor sanding services in North London comes with obligation free site visit and quotation as well as expert advice on floor sealing products and
maintenance. When you choose FlooringFirst! in North London, you are getting a service with an eye on the detail, and a Customer Service team, striving to achieve excellent care, available 7
days a week. All our services are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public & Treatment Risk Insurance.
Our range of flooring services goes beyond renovation...
- Floorboards, hardwood and parquet floor sanding and sealing
- Floor repairs - partial refitting and local replacement of floorboards, parquet, engineered and hardwood flooring; repairs of water damaged floors, including parquet, hardwood or engineered floors.
- Gap filling and minor touch ups
- Floor staining - we offer a wide range of wood dyes and can provide a number of samples before to proceeding with re-finishing your floors, including whitewashed and grey finishes.
- Soundproofing floorboards and decreasing drafts in floors
- Supply and install seasoned / reclaimed original pine floorboards, hardwood and reclaimed parquet flooring to recover damage of existing floors.
- We supply of prime and rustic parquet flooring, solid and engineered floors
- We install new and replace skirting boards, beading and mouldings
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and it can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst!
in North London is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt,
reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Finishes available with FlooringFirst! restoration services:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural
invisible / unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible /
unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Rustins Polyurethane Sealer" lacquer - slow drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in satin or hi-gloss. Strong odour.
What Our Clients from North London Say About Us
Helpful with moving furniture back into office. Nice guys.
Mr. L. Southon, from City of London, EC2V 7NG
Really good job. The men were professional and courteous.
Mr. P. McKenna, from City of London, E1W 3DR
Great job. Thank you.
Mr. I. Wild, from City of London, EC2Y 8DL
Excellent work. Really nice guys. Credit to company.
Mr P. Barker, from London, SW19 2DG
Doctor George Koukoutas, from London,
An excellent job.
Mr A. Flint, from London, N6 5TD
Very good work. Very proffesional and good attitude.
Mrs J. Ditch, from London, SW18 3HT
Your team was excellent!
Mr Amin, from London, W1T 4HJ
Great job, very friendly and proffesional service.
Mr Harry, from London, WC1X 0JD
Very good work. Thank you. Very happy with result and fitter.
Mrs. A. Littler, from London Bridge, SE1 3PN
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in North London
Oak Parquet Floor With Black Stains Quoted For Sanding in North London
There are floors and floors. Some are better and some are worse. Their condition varies depending on the type of wood, the structure of the floor, the way it has been maintained and the type of damage it has suffered. This particular floor had it pretty bad. Its surface wasn’t simply worn, it was discoloured and a few places were covered in stains which suspiciously resembled those from a pet which had an ‘accident’. Given that the owner had a cat and a dog we thought it’s pointless to ask. In the end, it doesn’t matter, a stain is a stain and there is only one way to remove it, right?
The problem with urine stains is that they contain ammonia. This makes them capable of not only penetrating the floor finish but also soaking into the wood itself and remaining there as a black/grey stain which is very, very hard to remove. Such a stain can only be erased by thorough floor sanding but not always completely. Some stains are just too persistent.
One small complication was the fact that we had to sand a parquet. Why was this a problem? Well, the basic idea when sanding is that you have always to follow the grain of the wood in order to strip the surface evenly. If you attempt to go opposite of the grain, you risk tearing it and ruining the floor. How do you proceed, when the parquet is made from multiple wooden blocks with half facing a different direction? No matter what you do, one side of the blocks will always be sanded from the wrong direction. The answer is simple, we sand diagonally and strip both sides evenly. This way both receive the same treatment.
That was the hard part. The easy one is applying those 4 coats of Junckers HP Commercial. As the name suggests, this is a product intended for commercial purposes and able to withstand heavy traffic. Given that the homeowner has pets, the extra coats of such a hardwearing finish won't go to waste.
It wasn’t easy but we managed to get rid of those horrible grey and black stains. After taking a look at what it was before, can you really say it is the same floor if you didn’t know better? The transformation is complete. Sure seems like a brand new floor. Two days of hard work erased the decay of two decades! (Or at least this is how long it feels). We did a good job and we are proud of it!