Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in North Finchley?
Our specialty in wood floor sanding and restoration is available across North Finchley. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout North Finchley.
As a leading flooring company in London, we bring the finest floor finishing service to North Finchley. Whether its your home or your place of work, you can rest assured that your
wooden floors are looked after by experienced and insurance bonded flooring service, with a portfolio of 1000s satisfied clients.
What's Included in Our Floor Sanding Service?
Our wood floor sanding services in North Finchley comes with obligation free site visit and quotation as well as expert advice on floor sealing products and
maintenance. When you choose FlooringFirst! in North Finchley, you are getting a service with an eye on the detail, and a Customer Service team, striving to achieve excellent care, available 7
days a week. All our services are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public & Treatment Risk Insurance.
Our range of flooring services goes beyond renovation...
- Floorboards, hardwood and parquet floor sanding and sealing
- Floor repairs - partial refitting and local replacement of floorboards, parquet, engineered and hardwood flooring; repairs of water damaged floors, including parquet, hardwood or engineered floors.
- Gap filling and minor touch ups
- Floor staining - we offer a wide range of wood dyes and can provide a number of samples before to proceeding with re-finishing your floors, including whitewashed and grey finishes.
- Soundproofing floorboards and decreasing drafts in floors
- Supply and install seasoned / reclaimed original pine floorboards, hardwood and reclaimed parquet flooring to recover damage of existing floors.
- We supply of prime and rustic parquet flooring, solid and engineered floors
- We install new and replace skirting boards, beading and mouldings
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and it can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst!
in North Finchley is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt,
reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Finishes available with FlooringFirst! restoration services:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural
invisible / unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible /
unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Rustins Polyurethane Sealer" lacquer - slow drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in satin or hi-gloss. Strong odour.
What Our Clients from North Finchley Say About Us
“Excellent service. Thank you.”
Mr. J. Jebb, from East Finchley, N2
Thank you for a good job. Well done - will certainly recommend you.
Mrs. A. Block, from East Finchley, N2
Good work, veery pleasant workers, timely done.
Mr. A. Sutcliffe, from East Finchley, N2 0EY
Very pleased with work and the finish.
Mrs.M.Hoghen, from East Finchley, N2 0QD
Nice work and all done in one day. Attractive finish.
Dr. D. Eilon, from Finchley Central, N3 1BN
Amazing job! Experts!
Mr. J. Nissen, from Finchley, NW11 6LH
Excellent service. No concerns. Would recommend.
Dr. G. Kendall, from Finchley Central, N3 3NS
Looks very good!
Mrs. N. Lapteva, from East Finchley, N2 0NJ
Very pleased. Thank you for a great job!
Mr. S. Segal, from Finchley Central, N3 3AN
Mr. G. Kendall, from Finchley Central, N3 3AN
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in North Finchley
Parquet Floor Sanding, Replacing Damaged Blocks And Refinishing in North Finchley
Upon arriving, we naturally inspected a parquet flooring about 72 sqm to see its condition for ourselves. The floor was not in very good shape and some areas were so distressed that we had to replace them entirely. Years of neglect were affecting this otherwise, beautiful parquet and many blocks had to be refitted. Our company can supply reclaimed parquet blocks but the client wanted to use his own materials which were, sadly. In order to hide the disparity, the client requested that we stain his floor with same darker colour. We obliged.
The Floor Was Not Only Worn but Parts of It Were Suffering From Severe Damage.
Have you ever tried refitting floors laid with bitumen? Pray that you never have to. While parquet floor refitting isn’t that hard on its own, the use of this outdated adhesive can complicate the process a lot more. Bitumen is often brittle which makes the floor unstable and removing even a small section of blocks can cause a chain reaction which causes entire rows to lose adhesion all of a sudden. After this, both the blocks and the subfloor must be thoroughly cleaned. The latter often becomes uneven and requires a levelling compound to once more become suitable for floor installation.
While many blocks can generally be salvaged, we found a lot that were too worn to be of any use. Since the client provided replacements, we simply refitted them once the levelling compound had enough time to dry.
When the parquet is truly sound and stable, it is time to sand its surface. We stripped the floor diagonally to make sure each row of blocks received equal attention, filled the minor gaps left from the fitting and proceeded with the buffing.
After the surface of the parquet becomes perfectly smooth and all the gaps have been filled, we can actually start staining. We have already mentioned that the brand new parquet blocks we refitted were provided by the customer which led to a disparity. The client chose light brown stain to change the appearance of the surface and we believe it turned out quite well.
Once the stain had the time needed to fully dry as well, we applied the finish. Four coats of Junckers HP Commercial, a water-based lacquer with outstanding durability, made the floor look a lot more attractive.
In The End
Let’s sum it up, we repaired or replaced the missing or damaged parquet blocks, sanded the surface, filled the gaps, stained everything and covered it all with four coats of a resilient lacquer. It took us four-five days to finish and the pictures speak for themselves.