Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in North Finchley?
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and repair specialists for your North Finchley flooring project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in North Finchley:
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
When working with us, you will get more than your usual wood flooring service. We strive to achieve the best results possible because we have a real passion for real wood flooring. We have a tailored approach to each floor and recommend only the necessary services.
Dust-free floor sanding and restoration services in North Finchley
We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout North Finchley. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal disruption, highly efficient wood floor services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results achieved.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from Our Wood Floor Sanding in North Finchley?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your North Finchley project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard of work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
A wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in North Finchley means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to detail and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Take advantage of our floor repair services in North Finchley
There are a lot of things that can happen to a real wood floor that can result in minor damage or major imperfection. So whenever you feel like your wooden floor is too damaged and it deserves a second chance, our floor repair team in North Finchley is here for you to take care of your favourite flooring and breathe new life.
Our floor repair team is trained in all time-proven and advanced methods and techniques for taking care of hardwood, engineered wood floors and parquetry. Thanks to our experience and the knowledge we have gained throughout the years, we can always find and pick the right solution and approach each damage and imperfection the right way so we can ensure the best results.
Our floor repair team in North Finchley will skillfully restore and renovate every wooden floor. We take care of a wide range of wood floor damages and issues including scratches, dents, gaps, marks, stains, loose, damaged or broken floorboards, unfixed nails and screws, cupping and ballooning of the floorboards and other issues that are results of the contraction and expansion of the floorboards due to increased moisture and humidity indoor levels. We also take care of the subfloor, making sure the floor installed on top of it will last forever, look perfect, and be in perfect condition.
With a comprehensive portfolio of hundreds of successful projects, our floor repair company is your best choice in North Finchley. We don't just provide you with a professional service and make sure we are achieving the best results possible for you. We also guarantee a high level of customer care, professionalism, attention to details, dedication, commitment to success.
We believe that every floor repair project in North Finchley is specific and requires a tailored approach. We will inspect the condition of your floor for free in order to make sure that only the most necessary steps are taken for completely restoring your favourite wooden floor back to its initial beauty, glory, and perfect condition.
Choose our parquet restoration services in North Finchley
Parquet restoration is considered one of the most challenging services offered by a professional wood floor renovation and sanding company. It is because of the specifics of the parquet patterns that cannot be sanded straightforward, otherwise, the sanding machine will work against the grain of the wooden floorboards and this can damage wood permanently.
Therefore, parquet floor restoration requires a lot of attention to detail, knowledge and experience. Our parquet restoration team in North Finchley works with a wide range of modern and advanced equipment and machinery in order to take care of all details and ensure the floor is perfectly sanded without missing a single spot or corner. Once the surface of the parquet pattern is absolutely smooth and there are no imperfections left, our parquet restoration team will use high-quality finishing and maintenance products to make sure all perfect results achieved will last for a very long time.
By choosing to work with us you are getting not simply a high-quality parquet restoration service. You are getting the comfort of a professional service that causes minimal disruption, minimises the mess and stress for you, and ensures the best results and all that at a reasonable price.
Our parquet restoration services in North Finchley are covered with years of experience, craftsmanship, commitment to success, expertise and knowledge. The services we offer are suitable for both domestic and commercial floors and projects. We tailor every service to the specific requirements of the project and our clients. For both domestic and commercial parquet restoration services we are flexible, working also outside business hours and during the weekends.
Floor finishes available with FlooringFirst! sanding & restoration services in North Finchley:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from North Finchley Say About Us
“Excellent service. Thank you.”
Mr. J. Jebb, from East Finchley, N2
Thank you for a good job. Well done - will certainly recommend you.
Mrs. A. Block, from East Finchley, N2
Good work, veery pleasant workers, timely done.
Mr. A. Sutcliffe, from East Finchley, N2 0EY
Very pleased with work and the finish.
Mrs.M.Hoghen, from East Finchley, N2 0QD
Nice work and all done in one day. Attractive finish.
Dr. D. Eilon, from Finchley Central, N3 1BN
Amazing job! Experts!
Mr. J. Nissen, from Finchley, NW11 6LH
Excellent service. No concerns. Would recommend.
Dr. G. Kendall, from Finchley Central, N3 3NS
Looks very good!
Mrs. N. Lapteva, from East Finchley, N2 0NJ
Very pleased. Thank you for a great job!
Mr. S. Segal, from Finchley Central, N3 3AN
Mr. G. Kendall, from Finchley Central, N3 3AN
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in North Finchley
Local Project: Parquet Floor Sanding, Replacing Damaged Blocks And Refinishing in North Finchley
Upon arriving, we naturally inspected a parquet flooring about 72 sqm to see its condition for ourselves. The floor was not in very good shape and some areas were so distressed that we had to replace them entirely. Years of neglect were affecting this otherwise, beautiful parquet and many blocks had to be refitted. Our company can supply reclaimed parquet blocks but the client wanted to use his own materials which were, sadly. In order to hide the disparity, the client requested that we stain his floor with same darker colour. We obliged.
The Floor Was Not Only Worn but Parts of It Were Suffering From Severe Damage.
Have you ever tried refitting floors laid with bitumen? Pray that you never have to. While parquet floor refitting isn’t that hard on its own, the use of this outdated adhesive can complicate the process a lot more. Bitumen is often brittle which makes the floor unstable and removing even a small section of blocks can cause a chain reaction which causes entire rows to lose adhesion all of a sudden. After this, both the blocks and the subfloor must be thoroughly cleaned. The latter often becomes uneven and requires a levelling compound to once more become suitable for floor installation.
While many blocks can generally be salvaged, we found a lot that were too worn to be of any use. Since the client provided replacements, we simply refitted them once the levelling compound had enough time to dry.
When the parquet is truly sound and stable, it is time to sand its surface. We stripped the floor diagonally to make sure each row of blocks received equal attention, filled the minor gaps left from the fitting and proceeded with the buffing.
After the surface of the parquet becomes perfectly smooth and all the gaps have been filled, we can actually start staining. We have already mentioned that the brand new parquet blocks we refitted were provided by the customer which led to a disparity. The client chose light brown stain to change the appearance of the surface and we believe it turned out quite well.
Once the stain had the time needed to fully dry as well, we applied the finish. Four coats of Junckers HP Commercial, a water-based lacquer with outstanding durability, made the floor look a lot more attractive.
In The End
Let’s sum it up, we repaired or replaced the missing or damaged parquet blocks, sanded the surface, filled the gaps, stained everything and covered it all with four coats of a resilient lacquer. It took us four-five days to finish and the pictures speak for themselves.