Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Islington?
As a leading flooring company in London, we bring the finest floor finishing service to Islington. Whether it's your home or your place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and insurance bonded flooring service, with a portfolio of 1000s satisfied clients. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our range of floor sanding and restoration services in Islington:
- Floorboards, hardwood and parquet floor sanding and sealing
- Floor repairs - partial refitting and local replacement of floorboards, parquet, engineered and hardwood flooring; repairs of water damaged floors, including parquet, hardwood or engineered floors.
- Gap filling and minor touch-ups
- Floor staining - we offer a wide range of wood dyes and can provide a number of samples before to proceeding with refinishing your floors, including whitewashed and grey finishes.
- Soundproofing floorboards and decreasing drafts in floors
- Supply and install seasoned/reclaimed original pine floorboards, hardwood and reclaimed parquet flooring to recover damage to existing floors.
- We supply prime and rustic parquet flooring, solid and engineered floors
- We install new and replace skirting boards, beading and mouldings
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and they can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst! in Islington is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt, reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Dust-free floor sanding and restoration services in Islington
Every type of real wood flooring requires a specific wood floor sanding approach and we are masters of all of them, knowing how to handle every wooden floor with care and attention. We work with cutting-edge modern equipment and technology in order to not simply make sure we are delivering the best results but also minimise the disruption to your household or commercial space as much as possible.
Next, we always make sure to use premium-quality wood floor sealing and maintenance products supplied by world-renowned and leading manufacturers. By this, we are able to ensure the results we achieve last for decades.
What's Included in Our Floor Sanding in Islington?
Our wood floor sanding services in Islington come with obligation free site visit and quotation as well as expert advice on floor sealing products and maintenance. When you choose FlooringFirst! in Islington, you are getting a service with an eye on detail, and a Customer Service team, striving to achieve excellent care, available 7 days a week. All our services are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public & Treatment Risk Insurance.
Our wood floor sanding services in Islington are not just designed to take care of and restore your aged and distressed real wood flooring. The services we deliver to each client are tailored to the individual requirements and specifics of the project. We take care of every stage of the service, ensuring the process is running smoothly and with no obstacles. In case there are some unexpected situations and requirements along the way, we always make sure to discuss our plans with the owner first and then we can continue.
We always make sure to do only the necessary steps. What we are striving for is ensuring we can achieve perfect results. Every wooden floor has the chance to live a new life, even the most damaged and old ones. Therefore, thanks to the professionalism of our wood floor sanding team in Islington, we invest our dedication, experience, knowledge, and commitment to success in order to provide customers with stunning outcomes that last for decades.
Hiring our wood floor sanding company means you are able to enjoy mess- and stress-free process of restoring your favourite wooden flooring. Every wood floor sanding project starts with a free inspection of the condition of the floor. Once our team accesses the floor’s condition in depth and knows what is needed for achieving the best results, they can continue working.
Choose our parquet restoration services in Islington
Parquet restoration is considered one of the most challenging services offered by a professional wood floor renovation and sanding company. It is because of the specifics of the parquet patterns that cannot be sanded straightforward, otherwise, the sanding machine will work against the grain of the wooden floorboards and this can damage wood permanently.
Therefore, parquet floor restoration requires a lot of attention to detail, knowledge and experience. Our parquet restoration team in Islington works with a wide range of modern and advanced equipment and machinery in order to take care of all details and ensure the floor is perfectly sanded without missing a single spot or corner. Once the surface of the parquet pattern is absolutely smooth and there are no imperfections left, our parquet restoration team will use high-quality finishing and maintenance products to make sure all perfect results achieved will last for a very long time.
By choosing to work with us you are getting not simply a high-quality parquet restoration service. You are getting the comfort of a professional service that causes minimal disruption, minimises the mess and stress for you, and ensures the best results and all that at a reasonable price.
Our parquet restoration services in Islington are covered with years of experience, craftsmanship, commitment to success, expertise and knowledge. The services we offer are suitable for both domestic and commercial floors and projects. We tailor every service to the specific requirements of the project and our clients. For both domestic and commercial parquet restoration services we are flexible, working also outside business hours and during the weekends.
Take advantage of our floor repair services in Islington
There are a lot of things that can happen to a real wood floor that can result in minor damage or major imperfection. So whenever you feel like your wooden floor is too damaged and it deserves a second chance, our floor repair team in Islington is here for you to take care of your favourite flooring and breathe new life.
Our floor repair team is trained in all time-proven and advanced methods and techniques for taking care of hardwood, engineered wood floors and parquetry. Thanks to our experience and the knowledge we have gained throughout the years, we can always find and pick the right solution and approach each damage and imperfection the right way so we can ensure the best results.
Our floor repair team in Islington will skillfully restore and renovate every wooden floor. We take care of a wide range of wood floor damages and issues including scratches, dents, gaps, marks, stains, loose, damaged or broken floorboards, unfixed nails and screws, cupping and ballooning of the floorboards and other issues that are results of the contraction and expansion of the floorboards due to increased moisture and humidity indoor levels. We also take care of the subfloor, making sure the floor installed on top of it will last forever, look perfect, and be in perfect condition.
With a comprehensive portfolio of hundreds of successful projects, our floor repair company is your best choice in Islington. We don't just provide you with a professional service and make sure we are achieving the best results possible for you. We also guarantee a high level of customer care, professionalism, attention to details, dedication, commitment to success.
We believe that every floor repair project in Islington is specific and requires a tailored approach. We will inspect the condition of your floor for free in order to make sure that only the most necessary steps are taken for completely restoring your favourite wooden floor back to its initial beauty, glory, and perfect condition.
Finishes available with FlooringFirst! restoration services in Islington:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Islington Say About Us
“I was very happy with the service, very friendly and polite.”
Mr. R. Smith, from Islington, N1
Neat finish. Great improvement from what was there!
Ms. F. Jones, from Islington, N2
Fantastic job - Thank you so much!
B. Griffin, from Islington, N1 1EJ
Looks great. Thank you.
Mrs. C. Sutherland, from Islington, N1 8AX
Excellent. Very detailed, thorough, clear etc.
Mr. N. Watson, from Islington, N1 4QD
Brilliant service, great guys to work with. Fab job
Mr. J. Willson, from Islington, N1 1LA
Floor looks great. Thanks
Mr. D. Jefferson, from Islington, N1 1LR
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Islington
Local Project: Fireplace Heart Removal and Re-Finishing of Pine Parquet Flooring Blocks in Satin Lacquer in Islington
Parquet flooring is something unique. It was once only reserved for the nobility and the upper classes until modern technology allowed common people to have it in their homes. The current job involved the repair and restoration of old parquet flooring as well as the supply and installation of blocks in the stead of a recently removed fireplace. Among our other services, we also offer our clients to provide reclaimed flooring for their homes. Thanks to our vast network, finding the needed parquet blocks was a child’s play.
Repairing old parquet floors can sometimes been tricky since most of them are laid with bitumen. Pulling the blocks one by one in order to repair them can take some time due to the brittle and unstable adhesive. However, we have a lot of experience in this so the process went smoothly. After repairing or replacing the parquet pieces who needed it, we sanded the floor and buffed it with Bona Trio which made the worn blocks reveal their inner beauty.
Once we uncovered the bare wood, we applied three coats Junckers HP Commercial which allowed the parquet to achieve mirror-like smoothness as well as a very attractive, shiny look. A few decades old parquet repaired, sanded and finished in less than three days is certainly not a bad thing. We left a satisfied customer who appreciated our hard work and desire to give him the best.
Local Project: Solid Oak Sanding & Sealing with Matt Lacquer in Islington
There are floor and floors. Some of them are severely damaged or distressed while others just need a bit of help in order to truly shine. We were called to restore a floor covered with penetrating oiled finish.
The oak boards we stumbled upon were in relatively good condition and did not require replacing. The surface, however, was in a state which can be described as ‘far from perfect’. The main problem here was the worn finish. Penetrating oil finishes enhance the grain and make the surface look more natural but require more frequent maintenance. Because of this, we advise our clients to go for varnishes/ lacquers because they offer better overall protection.
In this particular case, though, the client valued the qualities provided by the oil finishes and had no desire to use anything else. Of course, we did as the customer requested by sanding the old, worn finish and applying coats of oil. As a result, the distressed surface was fully restored for two days. We used oil with a low sheen level. A matt finish will reflect less light and make it easier to hide small flaws and imperfection, especially when exposed to heavy traffic.
Local Project: Stairs Sanding & Floor Restoration in Islington
Just by entering the premises, we figured that would be one of the jobs we love. Jobs where we can see an old and worn-out floor and we just can't wait to get our hands on it and restore it to the brilliant and shining centrepiece that it once was.
Renovating wood flooring is a task that requires skill and expertise. We could tell from the first glance that those particular qualities will come in really handy when it came to this job. The dire straits of the stairs required our immediate attention, so we decided to put them on the top of our to-do list.
Local Project: Hardwood Sanding, Buffing, Lacquer & Gap Filling in Islington
One of the elements of your interior you will never regret choosing is having a real wood floor installed in your home or office. This type of flooring comes with a long list of benefits, one of the major one being the fact it can be re-sanded and refinished a few times in its lifecycle which will make the floor look like brand-new and improve its condition even after years of active use. A great example of how even an old, worn, and dull wooden floor can change dramatically after professional service is this recent project we undertook. As you can tell by the pictures shared here, the initial condition of the floor was poor, which also affected its appearance.
There is nothing a good professional sanding and refinishing service cannot help with. Sanding is one of the most popular treatments for real wood floors, it strips off the top layer of the floor that usually consists of the old and worn finish and all the imperfections on the surface. Once the issues and imperfections such as scratches, stains, marks, and dents are removed, the floor already looks better, the surface is smoother and more uniform, the risk of small issues turning into big problems is minimised. This is also a great moment to consider gap filling if needed. This project definitely required filling some of the gaps between the floorboards and we've managed to make the floor structure more solid and sturdy, improve the insulation properties. Finally, the final touch is the application of a beautiful, very elegant and stylish lacquer finish that protects wood from imperfections and damages.