Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Ealing?
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and restoration specialists for your Ealing flooring project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Wood Floor Sanding and Restoration Services we provide in Ealing:
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout Ealing
We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout Ealing. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal-disruption, highly efficient wood floor services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results achieved.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from Our Wood Floor Sanding in Ealing?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your Ealing project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard or work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
A wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in Ealing means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to details and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and a comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and it can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst! in Ealing is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt, reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Floor finishes available with FlooringFirst! sanding & restoration services in Ealing:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Ealing Say About Us
“Very good job from the crew. Would definitely use your services again in the future. Thanks.”
Mr. H. Jondo, from Ealing, W5
“The work was carried out with care and enormous attention to detail. The workers were considerate and very pleasant. What more could you ask?”
Mr. G. Hutthings, from Ealing, W5
“Excellent and courteous service.”
Mrs. B. Jermyn, from Ealing, W13
Mr. C. Enskat, from Ealing, W3
These are two very conscientiousand hard working people
Mr.C. Vargas, from Ealing, W5 4SA
“Just a note to say how very pleased we were with the work carried out by Flooring First in our bedroom.
We were impressed from first to last with the professionalism shown by all your employees. Nothing was too much trouble, Sergei took the time to explain the process and the alternatives when we initially
asked for a quote. Both he and Eric, especially, who did the actual job, talked us through what they thought would be best for us and then went on to do an absolutely brilliant job on our bedroom floor.
We could not be more pleased with the result. We could not be more thrilled.
Mr. P. Jennings, from West Ealing, W13 9TF
“Really good workers. I am very very happy with the finish. Excellent job!”
Mr. L. Besse, from Ealing, W5 1NF
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Ealing
Local Project: Restoration Of The Parquet Flooring In St. Catherine's Church in Ealing
This is an interesting case explaining the renovation process of the old parquet flooring in St. Catherine’s Church. There are some interesting things to know about this project, first the clients complained that the whole flooring construction was literally moving. Except that the floor was laid from two different wood species, which is making its look so attractive. When the church was renovated in 1915 they have installed the first half of the flooring, as can you see on the photos, with lighter wood specie. Then 40 years later during another refurbishing process in 1955 was installed the rest of the floor with parquet blocks cut from Mahogany, which is much darker. This is the living proof for the durability and the longevity of the real wood flooring. Even after decades of high foot traffic, the original look of the wood can be restored.
First, our team had to fix the major problems. To deal with the floating floor, we had to remove, clean and refit every single parquet block. This process also included replacing some of the damaged blocks. Once the whole structure was stable again we could start with the actual restoration job. The first step was to strip off the old finish in few rows with a belt sander. When we have to work in historical landmarks such as churches, usually there are old wooden furnishes, timber side panels and ceilings with a specific authentic look, achieved due to the passage of the time. The owners must be warned that sanding will reveal the original colour of the wood, which will be much brighter and the flooring might lose its patina. The results of our hard work are remarkable and we successfully kept the charm of this century-old parquet flooring.
After the surface of the flooring was smooth and levelled, we’ve used the saw-dust remains from the sanding and mixed them with resin filler to fill the gaps between the parquet blocks. This service made the whole construction more solid and stable. The next step was to polish the surface one more time, so it can be perfectly smooth before the application of the finishing product.
The last part of the restoration job was to apply a protective sealant. In this case, our team used ‘Junckers HP Commercial’ which is hardwearing water-based lacquer. The sheen preferred from the owners was matt.
Local Project: Restoration Of Floorboards and Stairs in Ealing
A common case in our practice are the damaged wooden floors in newly bought houses. Sometimes their condition seems so bad, that our clients think that the only possible solution is replacement with new flooring. One of the main advantages of the wooden floors is that they could be refinished. Few millimetres under the damaged surface, the timber might be in perfect condition, which means the flooring has the potential to shine again like it is brand new. Our surveyor inspects the thickness of the boards and if it allows beign treated with belt sander we schedule the job.
The work can start after the area is clean of any furniture. Usually, this is the point where the damaged boards are replaced, luckily in this property it was unnecessary. The first stage of the refinishing process is the sanding – this process includes removing the layer of old finish. This happens in few rows with changes in the density of the sandpaper grit between them. The size goes from lower to higher: from 24 up to 60 or even 80 grit. After the surface is smooth and even our team could apply the stain. The preference of our clients was a distinctive colour, that matched well with these mature floorboards. After the stain was applied equally, there was no trace of the previous dull appearance. Followed by three coats of commercial grade finish, the floor will look like this for a long time. The lacquer our team used to seal the flooring was 'Junckers HP Commercial'. We've followed the same step by step process with the old stairs. As you can see from the photos below, their condition was bad, especially in the area that suffered from the heavy footfall.