Floor Sanding Company in Sutton
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and repair specialists for your Sutton floor sanding project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
In general, floor sanding is recommended for both newly installed but unfinished wooden floors and for wooden floorboards that have been already fitted, used for years, experienced a lot of high traffic, and now look a bit dull, weathered, worn, aged, and tired. Floor sanding Sutton is a service that can really make some wonders for real wood flooring and take proper care to ensure its longer life and proper maintenance. Let’s look at floor sanding Sutton more in-depth and learn more about the advantages of a floor sanding project.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in Sutton
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Floor Sanding Explained
Floor sanding is a professional service that is part of the in-depth maintenance of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floors. It is the process of removing the layer of the old finish on top of the wooden floor along with a thin layer of the bare wood underneath if required. Floor sanding gets rid of all imperfections on the surface of the floor, including scratches, stubborn stains, marks, dents, chipped and worn finish, dirt build-up, etc.
Floor sanding is a highly beneficial process because by removing these imperfections, it is ensuring not also an improved and fresher appearance of the floor, to the point it can look like it has been just installed, but also minimizes the risk of all those minor issues growing bigger and causing major problems, sometimes beyond repair.
Floor Sanding & Refinishing
Floor sanding is not only important for the better look of the floor and its better protection. Floor sanding is also an essential part of the refinishing process. Floor sanding strips off the old layer of finish. With time and due to everyday use and high traffic, the protective power of the finish becomes weaker and there are more risks for damaging the bare wood underneath.
However, once the projects start and the old finish is removed, the sanding process also helps for opening the pores of the wooden structure. Wood has a naturally porous structure and once the pores are open thanks to floor sanding, the finishing product will soak into them and ensure extra protection, durability, and long-lasting power of the whole floor structure.
Professional Floor Sanding Makes a Difference
Every project is better left in the experienced hands of reliable professionals. Despite the fact that someone will recommend you or offer the idea of a DIY floor sanding project, make sure to hire a professional floor sanding team. A professional team has all the knowledge, experience, and understanding of the process and knows how to handle it properly, how much sanding your floor needs, what is the condition of the floor and what is the right approach. Especially when it comes to floor sanding of parquet flooring, which is a project requiring a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Professional Floor Sanding Equipment
The professional and advanced equipment, products, and tools are also very essential for the best results a floor sanding project can provide. There is a wide variety of machines and equipment elements that should be used during the process of floor sanding. Floor sanding machines come in different forms and each one of them has a different purpose and way to be used.
When in the experienced hands of floor sanding specialists, the whole spectrum of sanding machines will ensure a completely uniform, even, sleek surface and all fine imperfections on the surface removed. In addition, advanced equipment and machines are almost entirely dust-free. They will collect almost all of the sawdust during the process of sanding and leave you little to no mess to stress to deal with after the project is completed. By this, a floor sanding project is not only beneficial for the floor but also stress-free and minimising the disruption to our day-to-day life.
Floor finishes available with our sanding & restoration services in Sutton:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Sutton Say About Us
Received very proffesional service, floor completed in a day which is great! Definitely would recommend. Thank you!
Mr M Lewis, from Sutton, SM2 6SB
A very professional job, and an excellent finish to our floor.
Mr. M. Adam, from Sutton, SM2 5EB
Great service, very hard working, very happy. Thank you very much.
Mrs. T. Oshaughnessy, from Sutton, SM1 3LB
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Sutton