Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Kingston?
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and repair specialists for your Kingston flooring project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout Kingston
We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout Kingston. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal-disruption, highly efficient wood floor services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results achieved.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from Our Wood Floor Sanding In Kingston?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your Kingston project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard or work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
A wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in Kingston means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to details and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and a comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in Kingston:
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
When working with us, you will get more than your usual wood flooring service. We strive to achieve the best results possible because we have a real passion for real wood flooring. We have a tailored approach to each floor and recommend only the necessary services.
Floor finishes available with FlooringFirst! sanding & restoration services in Kingston:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Kingston Say About Us
“I was very impressed with your service; the inspection for the quote, speed of start date after acceptance of the quote, knowledge and hard work of the staff undertaking the work and the high quality of their work. My floors look like new!
Mrs G. Eyers, from Kingston Upon Thames, KT2
Guys on the job worked quickly with little mess. Thank you.
Mr. G. Buchanan, from Kingston Upon Thames, KT1
Very satisfied with the work carried out. The floor looks really good. Workmen were friendly+professional.
Mrs. J. Hart, from Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1AZ
The floor fitter has provided an excellent service.
Mr. H. Ibrahimov, from Kingston, KT2 6QS
The installer is a very professional person. I am very happy with him and the standard of his work.
Mr. F. Farr, from Kingston upon Thames, KT1 7HF
“Great work. Our floors look amazing. Paulo offered excellent service and was always very friendly.”
Mrs. S. Mayrhofer, from Kingston upon Thames, KT1 3AQ
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Kingston
Local Project: Oak Parquet Blocks - Sanding, Staining and Sealing in Kingston
The parquet flooring is one of the traditional options for wooden floors, they are cut in small blocks which allows them to be fitted in unique patterns. In this case, our task was to sand, fill the gaps, stain and refinish about 50 sqm of oak parquet flooring. Our guys have vast experience in working with old parquet floors, which helps them to choose the perfect treatment in every situation. The overall condition of the floor was not bad, mostly surface imperfections. There was a small area with badly damaged blocks that we needed to replace, with other mature blocks. When replacing some of the planks it’s important to choose the same wood specie and if it’s possible to be aged, so there won’t be a dramatic difference in the colour. The wooden floors are natural products, so with the time, their colour is changing due to processes happening in the timber. If someone inexperienced neglect this fact, matching the colour of the existing sanded floor and the new planks will be almost impossible.
So as usual after our team replaced the damaged planks, they continued with stripping off the old finish which happened in 3 rows with the different sandpaper grits. After the top layer of the wood was levelled and smoothened, our team mix a resin filler with the sawdust remains to fill the gaps. Our clients wanted to change a bit more the appearance of their flooring, which is why they also choose a stain in darker tones.
The last step is really important for every renovation project - the finishing. For these parquet blocks sealing we recommended to our clients the water-based 'Junckers HP Commercial' lacquer. This product is extremely durable and with low VOC contain. The job was completed for 3 days.
Local Project: Floorboards Sanding And Staining in Medium Oak in Kingston
This time we had to restore not a huge area – only one room, but the overall condition of the floorboards was bad. Except the finish imperfections, there were some of the planks that needed to be replaced. Usually, this is a complicated process, because our team had to find the closest match to the existing flooring, otherwise, there could be significant colour difference. Before we start the work with the boards, the fitters had to lift and dispose of about 19 sqm of carpet flooring, carpet grippers and damaged underlay. Once it was done, and the area was wiped from dust and dirt, our team could start with the repairs.
The next step was the most vital process for every wooden floor – the sanding. After 3 rounds with the Bona belt sander, there were no traces of all the dents and scratches. The next step was to apply samples from different stains on the sanded surface. The owners decided to go for the warm medium oak shade. There was another thing our team had to take care of – the gaps. This is one of the common problems for the old floorboards constructions. Usually, for gaps that are not so wide, we mix sawdust remains with a resin filler. When this task was completed, the floor was insulated good, so our fitters polished it with finer sandpaper grit and rotary machine.
After the sanding process, the wood pores are open, and they soak better the products applied. The last thing our team had to do was to stain and varnish the floor. The sealant is important in every floor restoration project because it determines the appearance and the durability of the renovated flooring. Here, our clients decided to choose a lacquer in commercial-grade for higher protection. The product our team applied 4 coats from was ‘Junckers HP Commercial’, which is water-based and with low VOC. The job was completed for one day.
Local Project: Wood Floor Sanding & Refinishing in Kingston
Our job in this house was something, our sanders are familiar with – an old wooden floor that was in urgent need of thorough restoration. What we’ve done:
- Sanding the old surface
- Filling the gaps
- Buffing with finer grit
- Staining (this included samples on the sanded surface for client approval before application)
- Sealing with a hardwearing finish
- Additional fireplace heart removal and extend of the existing flooring.
The job started with stripping off the old and damaged surface. This process was done without any unexpected complications. Then we had to fix the huge gaps between the boards. Usually, we deal with them by using mix from sawdust and resin filler but this method is working only for gaps up to 4 mm. In this case, we had to supply wood strips cut from seasoned pine so they can match the colour of the sanded wood. Similar mature pine floorboards were also used to extend the existing flooring after the fireplace heart was removed.
For the buffing process, our fitters used orbital sander from Bona, which smoothened the surface and prepared it for the finishing. The stain our clients wanted to be in medium shades. For the last step of the process, they decided to trust our knowledge and experience by choosing ‘Osmo Polyx Hardwax-Oil’, which we applied in 2 coats. Our hardworking team did this job only for a day. The skills, efficiency and the attitude displayed by them, made the family leave very positive feedback.
Local Project: Restoration Of Mahogany Fingers Flooring in Kingston
This is a story of an old mahogany fingers flooring, which needed a thorough renovation process in order to shine again. What we had here were tons of scratches, stains and huge areas of badly damaged finish. Luckily for our team, the subfloor was in good condition, so there were no major repairs that needed to be done.
The first thing we had to do was to remove the top layer of the old finish. This happened with the help of our Bona Belt Sander. When the flooring has some specific pattern like in this case, there are specific requirements for the sanding process - so it must be done with great attention to the details. There were also minor gaps between some of the blocks, so our team had to deal with them too.
After the wood was buffed till achieving a smooth surface, our team proceeded with the last step – the varnishing. The choice of our clients for finishing product was ‘Junckers HP Commercial’ which is an extremely durable lacquer. This is a sealant from top quality, hardwearing and containing low VOC. As you probably have already noticed the sheen of the finish is satin. The time it took to complete the job was a single day.