Affordable Floor Installation Services in Barking, IG11
Our wood floor fitting services are available across Barking. As a local specialist in installation of parquet, hardwood and engineered floors, we are confident to offer to our customers professional expertise and guaranteed quality brought in with friendly customer care.
FlooringFirst! is pleased to advise that our wood floor installation service is available throughout Barking.
Whether its your home or place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and fully insured wood floor fitters.
What's Included in Our Floor Installation Service?
Our wood floor fitting service includes obligation free site visit and quotations in Barking as well an expert advice on flooring products, free flooring samples and maintenance. When you choose our fitters, you choose less headache, more choice and one supplier of service + products, as we bring it all together for you at reasonable price:
- Parquet flooring fitting - single and double herringbone, plus various other patterns, borders and deco borders available
- Hardwood installation
- Engineered wood floor laying
- Laminate floor fitting
- 2 Years Service Guarantee. We make sure your property is prepared. Moisture & temperature readings will be collected from flooring, environment and subfloor.
- Subfloor levelling - plying down, boarding and application of self-levelling compounds
- Liquid DPM application (damp-proofing) for concrete base
- Doors and door frames trimming
- Fitting of underlays and noise reducing insulation
- Floor repairs - refitting of floorboards and replacement of parquet, hardwood and engineered wood flooring
- Supply and install reclaimed pine floorboards and reclaimed parquet flooring
- Supply of parquet blocks, engineered, solid and laminate flooring
- Supply and fitting of skirting boards, beading and various accessories
- Restoration and maintenance of your wooden floors
- GET EXTRA 10% DISCOUNT on our Clean & Polish service for all floors fitted or restored by FlooringFirst!
Wooden floors can bring in a huge difference at your home and office environment - they provide the natural element, which we all prefer to have in our surroundings and they are easy to maintain. Wooden floors and laminate flooring are known as well as an allergy reducer.
With our knowledge and experience in installation of wooden floors we may find the right product for your home together - with our expert knowledge on subfloors, products and method of installation and your preference of finish and colour. For advice on products, get in touch with your qualified flooring installers in Barking, Monday - Saturday, from 07:30 am - 05:30 pm.
Complete "Supply & Fit" Service for clients in Barking
FlooringFirst! offers a range of 180+ laminate products from QuickStep and Balterio. Our Supply & Fit service includes approx. 40 products of Kahrs engineered flooring and approx. 40 products of Boen engineered flooring.
Our oak parquet flooring blocks are always in stock and available in 3 grades:
- 70x230x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
- 70x280x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic (plus extra-rustic)
- 70x350x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
When hiring a parquet floor fitter, or hardwood floor layer you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking new floors. You would also like a friendly, reliable service from people who cares about your satisfaction all the way through. With our wood fitting service in , that's precisely what you'll get.
Floor Care Tips and Advice
Find Our More on Fitting Floors in
Tradition Oak Engineered Wood Floor Installation in Barking
The engineered wood flooring is a beloved choice for many UK home owners, because of its unique properties such as the moisture resistance and the floating installation, combined with the appealing look of the hardwood. In the following case our team had to install about 77 sqm of Tradition Oak Engineered Flooring and 29 steps of stairs. Usually the process starts with the visitation of our surveyor, when he measure the area and advise the clients comparing different products. For us it’s important to make sure that the area is suitable with wood flooring, which is why we measure the moisture levels with damp metre. If the levels are high, we advise our client to go with some other alternative.
The real work starts with the preparation of the subfloor. This initial part should not be neglected, because not paying attention to the details might cause problems with instability in the future. Part of the work for our team was to remove the old carpets and laminate flooring, including grippers and underlays. Once the area was cleaned we could start with the underlay – Duralay Timbermate Silentfloor Gold was the choice of our clients. This product with 4.20 mm thickness provides perfect sound insulation up to 23 dB and prevents moisture damage. During the works we had to trim 8 doors and their frames to adjust their height to the new floor level. The engineered wood planks were installed "floating" which allows easier reapairs in future. The finishing touch of this installation project were the beadings - we had to lay them next to the skirting board to hide the expansion gap. When the edge of the floor is hidden it can easily shrink and expand without beign noticed. Another finishing detail was to fit the stairnosings, that were also cut from Oak, so they can match colour of the new staircase.