How Long Will It Take?
Wood floor restoration and hardwood floor installation are just stages of the overall refurbishment works. Therefore, we always provide our customers with specific figures about the expected project length. Our calculations are extremely accurate since they are based on extensive experience and technological knowledge. Please, take a look at the guidance below if you need to come up with a ballpark figure yourself.
How long the floor restoration process takes depends on many factors like the current condition of your floor, what you have in mind for it etc. We realise you want us to finish as quickly as possible and to minimise the disruption of your daily routine, we will always endeavour to do complete the whole floor sanding project as quickly as possible, without putting the quality of the work at risk.
Typically, a fairly standard room of 20 sqm will take about one day to sand and varnish properly, using fast-drying water-based finishes plus another 12 hours for the varnish to cure properly. While you will be able to walk onto the newly sanded floors in a couple of hours after we have finished the floor restoration, moving your furniture back in place will be possible on the next day.
So, here is a rough idea of how long flooring may take...
- Sanding & sealing with a varnish of 40 sqm or less of pine parquet takes 2 days.
- Sanding & sealing with hard wax or oil of 40 sqm or less of pine parquet takes 3 days.
- Sanding & sealing with a varnish of 30 sqm or less of pine parquet, spanning over more than one room takes 1 and 1/2 days.
- Sanding, gap filling & sealing with a varnish of 20 sqm of an old, uneven floor (floorboards) takes 1 day.
- Sanding, gap filling & sealing with hard wax or oil of 20 sqm of an old, uneven floor (boards) takes 2 days.
- Installation of 15 sqm of herringbone parquet takes 1 day, excluding of subfloor preparation and finishing works such as skirting boards trimming and door frames trimming.
- Floor installation of 30 sqm of laminate will takes 1 day, including the preparation and insulation installation.
Please note: The aforementioned figures are with a fair approach to accuracy and based on 1 team working on premises that have been cleared from furniture and not on poorly conditioned floors, i.e. a minimum amount of repair work is required.
Accurate estimation is available at the time of viewing and quoting.
Call Us For a Free Advice
FlooringFirst provides obligation-free viewings, quotations and advice. Give us a call on 020 88309782 to speak to a member of our staff, who can arrange for a free assessment of your floors at convenient for you time.