Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Westminster?
Our speciality in wood floor sanding and restoration is available across Westminster. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Our dust-free floor sanding and restoration services are available throughout Westminster.
As a leading flooring company in London, we bring the finest floor finishing service to Westminster. Whether it's your home or your place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and insurance bonded flooring service, with a portfolio of 1000s satisfied clients.
What's Included in Our Floor Sanding in Westminster?
Our wood floor sanding services in Westminster comes with obligation free site visit and quotation as well as expert advice on floor sealing products and maintenance. When you choose FlooringFirst! in Westminster, you are getting a service with an eye on the detail, and a Customer Service team, striving to achieve excellent care, available 7 days a week. All our services are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public & Treatment Risk Insurance.
Our range of floor sanding and restoration services in Westminster:
- Floorboards, hardwood and parquet floor sanding and sealing
- Floor repairs - partial refitting and local replacement of floorboards, parquet, engineered and hardwood flooring; repairs of water damaged floors, including parquet, hardwood or engineered floors.
- Gap filling and minor touch ups
- Floor staining - we offer a wide range of wood dyes and can provide a number of samples before to proceeding with re-finishing your floors, including whitewashed and grey finishes.
- Soundproofing floorboards and decreasing drafts in floors
- Supply and install seasoned / reclaimed original pine floorboards, hardwood and reclaimed parquet flooring to recover damage of existing floors.
- We supply of prime and rustic parquet flooring, solid and engineered floors
- We install new and replace skirting boards, beading and mouldings
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
Wooden floors can make a huge difference in the environment of your home, and it can be an essential element in your businesses image. Getting in touch with FlooringFirst! in Westminster is easy to do.
When you hire a flooring expert, you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking smoothly finished wooden floors. You would also like a prompt, reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With us, that's precisely what you'll get.
Finishes available with FlooringFirst! restoration services:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Westminster Say About Us
Very good workers. I would recommend them anytime. Good guys, nice people. Five stars!
Mr. A. Manzat, from Westminster, W1W
Very good work. Happy with the job. Thank you.
Mrs. L. Grierson, from Westminster, W1U
Very good job! Polite and professional.
Mrs. M. Leaning, from Westminster, W1W
I am very satisfied and happy with the work done. Thank you.
Ms. S. Atusheva, from Westminster, W9
All done as per request.
Mr. V. Sadan, from Westminster, SW1V
Excellent job. Very impressed. Will definitely use again.
Mr. M. Humphries, from Westminster, W1T
Very happy with finish. Thank you
Mr. David Earl, from Westminster, W1U 6LT
Excellent job done. Looks like a new floor layed. Well done will keep you on record.
Mr. G. Barnes, from Westminster, EC4R 0DP
Apple-Contractors, from Westminster, W1J 8PG
Both members of staff were very polite and helpful. Floors look very good.
Mr. T. Donnelly, from Westminster, WC1X 9RD
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Westminster
Local Project: Sanding & Repairing Junckers Beech Flooring in Vogue Offices in Westminster
We put extra effort into this commercial floor restoration project because we are well aware that in business, time is money. We renovate many different kinds of public buildings, from pubs and restaurants to schools and universities or in this case – offices.
We had to restore two engineered floors one located in the hallway and the other in the main office room. We followed the standard procedure by doing minor repairs on the boards and replacing a few. The problem with engineered floors is that they can be sanded only a few times before they reach their limit. Unfortunately, those in the office had already been sanded at least once yet were still capable of enduring one more procedure.
We stripped the floor with extreme care, filled the gaps for a more uniform appearance and applied the finish. All of this in two days. The client was in a rush to open the office and we did our best to provide quality service with the maximum possible speed.
Local Project: Sanding Of Solid Walnut Flooring in Westminster
This job took us to an interesting place - in the Lounge Bar of the astonishing Saint Pancras Renaissance. As you know the hotel was built two centuries ago and it's a huge and luxury place, it has 244 bedrooms, 2 restaurants, 2 bars, a health and leisure centre, a ballroom, and 20 meeting and function rooms. It's an inspiring place for everyone who cherishes the architecture and design. It was a pleasure for us to be a part of the lounge's renovation, as we really enjoyed the atmosphere and spirit of the place. The professional craftsmanship we take pride in will still be evident in this wonderful landmark for years to come. The flooring was from solid walnut planks, which were badly damaged due to the high foot traffic. When we arrived, the property was secured with dustsheets and the furniture was moved. The preparations ensured we could start right away with stripping off the old finish. As always, we did this in a few rows, with utmost dedication and attention to the details of the job. Once the wood was levelled and the major issues were resolved, we proceeded with the buffing. It smoothed out the surface and readied it for the stain and lacquer application. Samples from various products were applied in a small area and our clients chose the darker tones.
For the final part of the restoration process – the sealing, we used a solvent-based lacquer ‘Junckers Professional 625’, which is durable and resistant to the high foot traffic. This product fits good areas like this. The solvent-based lacquers release strong odour during application and therefore it was not recommendable anyone to use the premises on the day of the application or the following day. Refinishing this 54 sqm of solid wood flooring took two days to our team.
Local Project: Floor Sanding And Oiling in Westminster
Our job here was to create the desired colour the customer wanted for their office space. They had just installed two sections of brand-new pine hardwood flooring, which they wanted to cover with Junckers Black Oil.
The procedure here is pretty much the same as any restoration job we have. First, we sand the area so we can remove any residue on the top, then we vacuum and clean for any remaining dust. As you know our Bona machines are dust-free but we always maintain a clean space for our team and our clients. After sanding the wood pores are open, which makes them soak better the stains and finishes.
Staining gives your flooring a brand-new look. Before we colour the floor, we always test on a smaller area for the customer so they can choose the exact one they like. After that we finish with a Junckers clear top lacquer, so the colour is sealed for a long time.