Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Northwood?
A professional floor sanding Northwood service can provide your wooden flooring with a lot. Beautifying it and improving its appearance, making it look fresher and newer, removing all imperfections and prevention from major issues, a professional floor sanding Northwood service is very essential every now and then, a part of the good maintenance routine.
If you are considering a floor sanding Northwood service, this guide to floor sanding Northwood will be useful for you and help you learn more about what to expect, the results you can get, why the professional approach is always better over DIY floor sanding Northwood projects.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in Northwood
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
How to Prepare for a Floor Sanding Northwood Service?
First things first, before you continue with a floor sanding Northwood service, you should prepare your home, office, or wherever the project is planned the right way. Good preparation of the place for the upcoming floor sanding Northwood services includes first clearing out the entire room or space from all furniture pieces, heavy or valuable objects that may become an obstacle and challenge the smooth-rutting process or get damaged along the way. Remember that a floor sanding Northwood projects involves the usage of heavy-duty equipment, this is why the floor should be absolutely cleared out and decluttered and all valuable things in the room should be removed in order to protect them.
Next, before the floor sanding Northwood service starts, make sure that all doors and windows in the room are covered with plastic sheets or other protective material. This will stop the sawdust created along the floor sanding Northwood process to transfer to other rooms and areas and make them messy. You will have less mess and stress to deal with and clean. Often, the floor sanding Northwood team you hire will do this preparation job for you. If not, make sure everything is ready before the floor sanding Northwood team arrives on-site.
Inspection of the Floor before Floor Sanding Northwood
Before starting a floor sanding Northwood project, the floor sanding Northwood team should take their time and inspect the condition. Very rarely, but unfortunately, some wooden floors are so damaged, old, or over-sanded that they cannot be treated anymore. If this is your case, the floor sanding Northwood professionals will advise you on changing the entire floor instead of investing your money in unnecessary floor sanding Northwood project that will further damage the floor and won’t provide you with great results.
Furthermore, sometimes before the floor sanding Northwood project starts, some essential repairs of the floor should be finished first. Always make sure to hire a reliable, long-established, experienced floor sanding Northwood company in order to get the best advice and recommendations for your floor.
Floor Sanding Northwood and Gap Filling
When it comes to a bit older and well-used wooden floors, with time and due to high traffic and everyday use some gaps may start appearing between the floorboards. In this case, before the professional team continues with the floor sanding Northwood service, the gaps should be filled in order to guarantee a durable and very stable and strong floor’s construction and surface. The easiest way of gap-filling involves using the sawdust created during the first round of surface floor sanding Northwood process and mixing it with natural resin. The mixture fills in smaller gaps. When it comes to larger and wider gaps, professionals will know what type of materials to use to ensure a smooth, even, and uniform surface with no gaps.
What is Floor Sanding Northwood?
Now it is time for the floor sanding Northwood service to continue. The whole point of floor sanding Northwood is getting rid of the worn and old top layer of the floor that includes the old finish, dirt build-ups, fine and small imperfections such as scratches, dents, marks, and stains that not only make the floor appear worn and tired but also hide the risk of growing into major issues.
Floor sanding Northwood is important and beneficial and the smoothness and evenness of the surface are achieved thanks to a wide range of floor sanding Northwood machines, sanding paper with different grit, professional tools and products. Each of the elements of the professional floor sanding Northwood equipment is important and each of them contributes to achieving the perfectly smooth surface of your floor.
Floor finishes available with our sanding & restoration services in Northwood:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Northwood Say About Us
Excellent service. 1st rate workmanship. Highly reccommended!
Mr. S. Raja, from Northwood, HA6 2HZ
Great workers. Their time keeping was excellent & they have done an excellent job. Thank you.
Ms. R. Didarali, from Northwood, HA6 2AA
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Northwood