Looking for a Floor Sanding Company in Lewisham?
Hire our professional team of experienced and knowledgeable wood floor sanding and repair specialists for your Lewisham flooring project. Getting floorboards, parquet, hardwood or engineered wood flooring to their former glory is what we excel in. The perfection in results and the smile of our clients is our best reward.
Discover More Wood Flooring Services We Deliver in Lewisham:
- Solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor sanding and refinishing.
- Wood floor repairs, including spot refitting and floorboards replacing, water damage repairs, nailing and glueing down loose boards, and much more dedicated to the improvement of all types of real wood floors.
- Gap filling and improving the insulation of the floor.
- Wood floor staining along with a very impressive range of wood floor dyes and stains we supply and additional samples we provide to help you make the best decision.
- Soundproofing of wood floors.
- Supply and installation of reclaimed pine wood floorboards, reclaimed parquet flooring blocks, and original reclaimed wood flooring.
- Supply of all grades of solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet flooring.
- Supply and installation of flooring accessories.
- Get an EXTRA 10% discount on our clean & polish service for all floors previously fitted or restored by FlooringFirst! Services.
When working with us, you will get more than your usual wood flooring service. We strive to achieve the best results possible because we have a real passion for real wood flooring. We have a tailored approach to each floor and recommend only the necessary services.
Dust-free floor sanding and restoration services in Lewisham
We pride ourselves in delivering the best quality and high standard wood floor sanding, repair, restoration, and maintenance services. As a company with years of experience in the field and a rich portfolio of thousands of successful projects, we are glad to be able to work with clients throughout Lewisham. We believe everyone will appreciate and enjoy the minimal disruption, highly efficient wood floor services we deliver and you will be impressed by the results achieved.
No matter if it comes to a commercial or domestic wood floor project, we have the best set of skills to take proper care of all types of real wood floors. It is our mission to restore the original beauty, durability, and lasting power of your favourite solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floor and minimise the potential risks of it getting damaged over time.
What to Expect from Our Wood Floor Sanding in Lewisham?
When hiring our wood floor sanding team for your Lewisham project, you can expect professionalism and a really high standard of work. It is our goal to not only provide all clients with the right approach to their flooring and ensure the best results possible but also guarantee minimal disruption and no stress and mess with every service.
A wood floor sanding service delivered by us starts with a free inspection of the floor and a free quotation. This is our way to make sure you are getting only the necessary services for improving your floor and you are not over-paying for something you really don’t need. Additionally, our wood flooring specialists will be glad to further provide you with advice and tips on better wood floor maintenance and the best products you can use for looking after your flooring.
Hiring our experienced and dedicated wood floor sanding team in Lewisham means you will experience the best quality of service along with attention to detail and honest communication. Additionally, our customer service team strives to be as helpful as possible, available seven days a week and gladly responding to all your questions and concerns in order to always find the best solution. All wood floor services provided by the company are covered by a Floor Service Guarantee and comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.
Take advantage of our floor repair services in Lewisham
There are a lot of things that can happen to a real wood floor that can result in minor damage or major imperfection. So whenever you feel like your wooden floor is too damaged and it deserves a second chance, our floor repair team in Lewisham is here for you to take care of your favourite flooring and breathe new life.
Our floor repair team is trained in all time-proven and advanced methods and techniques for taking care of hardwood, engineered wood floors and parquetry. Thanks to our experience and the knowledge we have gained throughout the years, we can always find and pick the right solution and approach each damage and imperfection the right way so we can ensure the best results.
Our floor repair team in Lewisham will skillfully restore and renovate every wooden floor. We take care of a wide range of wood floor damages and issues including scratches, dents, gaps, marks, stains, loose, damaged or broken floorboards, unfixed nails and screws, cupping and ballooning of the floorboards and other issues that are results of the contraction and expansion of the floorboards due to increased moisture and humidity indoor levels. We also take care of the subfloor, making sure the floor installed on top of it will last forever, look perfect, and be in perfect condition.
With a comprehensive portfolio of hundreds of successful projects, our floor repair company is your best choice in Lewisham. We don't just provide you with a professional service and make sure we are achieving the best results possible for you. We also guarantee a high level of customer care, professionalism, attention to details, dedication, commitment to success.
We believe that every floor repair project in Lewisham is specific and requires a tailored approach. We will inspect the condition of your floor for free in order to make sure that only the most necessary steps are taken for completely restoring your favourite wooden floor back to its initial beauty, glory, and perfect condition.
Choose our parquet restoration services in Lewisham
Parquet restoration is considered one of the most challenging services offered by a professional wood floor renovation and sanding company. It is because of the specifics of the parquet patterns that cannot be sanded straightforward, otherwise, the sanding machine will work against the grain of the wooden floorboards and this can damage wood permanently.
Therefore, parquet floor restoration requires a lot of attention to detail, knowledge and experience. Our parquet restoration team in Lewisham works with a wide range of modern and advanced equipment and machinery in order to take care of all details and ensure the floor is perfectly sanded without missing a single spot or corner. Once the surface of the parquet pattern is absolutely smooth and there are no imperfections left, our parquet restoration team will use high-quality finishing and maintenance products to make sure all perfect results achieved will last for a very long time.
By choosing to work with us you are getting not simply a high-quality parquet restoration service. You are getting the comfort of a professional service that causes minimal disruption, minimises the mess and stress for you, and ensures the best results and all that at a reasonable price.
Our parquet restoration services in Lewisham are covered with years of experience, craftsmanship, commitment to success, expertise and knowledge. The services we offer are suitable for both domestic and commercial floors and projects. We tailor every service to the specific requirements of the project and our clients. For both domestic and commercial parquet restoration services we are flexible, working also outside business hours and during the weekends.
Floor finishes available with FlooringFirst! sanding & restoration services in Lewisham:
- "Bona Mega" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in extra-matt, matt, satin or gloss. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well.
- "Bona Traffic HD" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt or satin only. Available in natural invisible/unfinished look as well, and anti-slip option.
- "Bona Classic Primer" - for light wood colouration which produces a high-elasticity and well-bodied surface, thanks to its solid content.
- "Bona Prime Amberseal" - intense, rich, and warm colours. Low VOC and fast drying time!
- "Bona Prime Deep" - produces an enriched grain pattern and colour. Contains less than 10% VOC.
- "Bona Prime Intense" - a waterborne primer for untreated wooden floors, producing a medium to rich wood colouration.
- "Junckers Strong" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based lacquer, coming as a standard for domestic and light commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss.
- "Junckers BasePrime" primer - quick-drying time, provides a light gold appearance to any light-coloured wood floors. In combination with a Junckers' solvent-based or water-based lacquer - is a perfect fit for most sanded and untreated parquet floors.
- "Junckers HP Commercial" lacquer - quick-drying, water-based, extra durable, commercial-grade finish for high traffic areas. Available in matt, satin and gloss. Our flagship product.
- "Junckers PreLak Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, can be used alongside any water-based floor finishing products.
- "Junckers PreLak White Primer" - water-based, fast-drying, adds whitewash shade.
- "Junckers HP Professional 625" lacquer - slower drying, extremely durable solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Available in matt, satin or gloss. Strong odour.
- "Loba WS Easy Prime" - Provides optimised adhesion between wood and finish, fast-drying, reduces side bonding.
- "Loba WS Viva 1-Component Lacquer" - Easy and reliable application, water-based, one-component lacquer designed for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matt and semi-gloss.
- "Loba WS Fusion 2K Lacquer" - 2-Component, waterborne finish based on polyurethan-resins with extremely good final hardness. Simple and safe application, excellent wear resistance. Suitable for parquet, hardwood and cork flooring.
What Our Clients from Lewisham Say About Us
“Lovely job. Thank you very much, and very hard work and commitment put in.”
Mr. N. Couper, from Lewisham, SE13
Stanley has made a great job of our living, hall and kitchen. A very good job. Thanks.
Mr. T. Vickers, from Lewisham, SE13 5EA
Floor Care Tips and Advice:
Find Our More on Sanding in Lewisham
Local Project: Commercial Floor Sanding and Refinishing in Lewisham
The restoration of old real wood flooring is a complicated process, with results depending on many factors. When the job is done by someone with skills and experience, the risks of failure are minimised. The following photos are taken during the restoration process of old pine floorboards. The surface of the flooring was in poor condition, the top layer of protective coating was worn out due to high-foot traffic
Some areas of the floor were damaged so badly, that the only possible solution was a replacement. It’s good to know that for such task, we must use another piece of mature wood, cut from the same timber specie, in this case - pine. The negligence of this rule will result in different colours of the new boards and the existing ones. Once this was completed, our team started with the sanding job.
This process included stripping off the old finish in few rows, till the surface is smooth and levelled. The sawdust remains are mixed with resin and used to fill the gaps between the boards. One last buffing with a rotary machine is required, before the application of the finish. For maximum protection, we’ve picked up “Junckers HP Commercial” which is a perfect choice for areas suffering from high foot traffic. This product is water-based which means it contains no VOCs, it’s fast drying and non-yellowing with the time.
Local Project: Floorboards Repair, Gap Filling and Sanding in Lewisham
Even the best quality of wood flooring can experience so much everyday use and high traffic that it will soon start showing these traces of time, wear and tear. Thankfully, this does not mean you need to dispose of your wooden floor and replace it with a new one, since this, you got it right, is definitely quite an investment. Among the many benefits of real wood flooring is that it is one of the not many types of flooring in general that can be treated professionally, improved, and renovated to the point that a decades-old wooden floor can look like a brand-new one. The key to achieving the best results when renovating your wooden floor is choosing a reliable and experienced company just like our clients have chosen us for their project and enjoyed flawless results at the end.
Of course, every professional wood flooring project should start with a thorough inspection of the condition of the floor as this gives the best idea of what should be done next in order to ensure improvement of the condition, appearance, and stability while minimising the risk of potentially more serious issues. Once our wood flooring specialists inspected this floor, they have concluded that a bit more in-depth work should be done in order to guarantee the best results. Since a few of the floorboards were damaged beyond repair, the old ones were lifted and disposed of, replaced with new ones.
Whenever we are replacing damaged floorboards with new ones, we always do our best to find the right match in terms of appearance. This is important as it leaves the floor looking even and uniform. Finding the best match is not always the easy job, however, we thankfully work with a large network of leading suppliers and manufacturers of real wood flooring. With the replaced floorboards, the floor is now ready for further treatment. Over time, you may start noticing the appearance of gaps between the floorboards. It is recommended to have these gaps filled in regularly in order to enjoy better stability and insulation for your floor. With the gaps being filled, it is about time to have the floor re-sanded and refinished – the finishing touches ensuring flawless appearance and durability for your favourite wooden floor.