Expert Floor Installation Services in Slough
FlooringFirst wood floor fitting services are available across Slough. As a local expert in installation of parquet, hardwood and engineered floors, we are confident to offer to our customers professional expertise and guaranteed quality brought in with friendly customer care.
FlooringFirst! is pleased to advise that our wood floor installation service is available throughout Slough.
Whether its your home or place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and fully insured wood floor fitters.
What's Included in Our Floor Installation Service?
Our wood floor fitting service includes obligation free site visit and quotations in Slough as well an expert advice on flooring products, free flooring samples and maintenance. When you choose our fitters, you choose less headache, more choice and one supplier of service + products, as we bring it all together for you at reasonable price:
- Parquet flooring fitting - single and double herringbone, plus various other patterns, borders and deco borders available
- Hardwood fitting
- Engineered wood floor laying
- Laminate floor installation
- 2 Years Service Guarantee. We make sure your property is prepared. Moisture & temperature readings will be collected from flooring, environment and subfloor.
- Subfloor levelling - plying down, boarding and application of self-levelling compounds
- Liquid DPM application (damp-proofing) for concrete base
- Doors and door frames trimming
- Fitting of underlays and noise reducing insulation
- Floor repairs - refitting of floorboards and replacement of parquet, hardwood and engineered wood flooring
- Supply and install reclaimed pine floorboards and reclaimed parquet flooring
- Supply of parquet blocks, engineered, solid and laminate flooring
- Supply and fitting of skirting boards, beading and various accessories
- Restoration and maintenance of your wooden floors
- GET EXTRA 10% DISCOUNT on our Clean & Polish service for all floors fitted or restored by FlooringFirst!
Wooden floors can bring in a huge difference at your home and office environment - they provide the natural element, which we all prefer to have in our surroundings and they are easy to maintain. Wooden floors and laminate flooring are known as well as an allergy reducer.
With our knowledge and experience in installation of wooden floors we may find the right product for your home together - with our expert knowledge on subfloors, products and method of installation and your preference of finish and colour. For advice on products, get in touch with your qualified flooring installers in Slough, Monday - Saturday, from 07:30 am - 05:30 pm.
Complete "Supply & Fit" Service for clients in Slough
FlooringFirst! offers a range of 180+ laminate products from QuickStep and Balterio. Our Supply & Fit service includes approx. 40 products of Kahrs engineered flooring and approx. 40 products of Boen engineered flooring.
Our oak parquet flooring blocks are always in stock and available in 3 grades:
- 70x230x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
- 70x280x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic (plus extra-rustic)
- 70x350x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
When hiring a parquet floor fitter, or hardwood floor layer you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking new floors. You would also like a friendly, reliable service from people who cares about your satisfaction all the way through. With our wood fitting service in , that's precisely what you'll get.
What Our Clients from Say About Us
“Very good, excellent job. Well done and thank you Daniel.”
1468667125, from Slough, SL1 6NL
Floor Care Tips and Advice
Find Our More on Fitting Floors in
Laying Parquet Flooring In Herringbone Pattern in Slough
The fitting process involved a lot more than it looks at first site. We also had to remove old skirting boards and install new ones, include liquid DPM (damage proof membrane), perform door frame trimming, and finally add thresholds.
At the beginning of our visit, we discovered that the original floors were already removed for reasons unknown. What we found was a bare subfloor which after some cleaning and preparation would be able to accept the brand new surface which is about to be laid on top of it.
We had a herringbone parquet floor to install. The most obvious first step was to ask the client in which direction the herringbone should run. In most cases, it is best to let it be parallel to the longest pair of walls in the room but the customer may have other ideas. Once we know what are his preferences, we can draw a snap line in the centre of the room, take some very needed measurements to find out the distance between the corner of the slats and start laying the first row.
The parquet can be either nailed or glued down and in this case, we simply nailed it without adding an adhesive. The laying of each piece must be done precisely and carefully. We certainly put effort into this. Don’t we always? Row after row, after double checking, if the blocks are fitted correctly, we completed the fitting. However, this was not all.
Sanding a parquet floor is not among the easiest types of restoration because of the very nature of parquetry. Rule number one when sanding a floor is to follow to grain which, in this case, simply isn’t possible. No matter what, one side of the blocks will suffer cross grain scratching unless we sand diagonally. With the help of our professional dust-free sanding equipment manufactured by Bona, we had little problem doing this. All that was left was to fill any gaps left with a floor filler and apply the finish. What we used to seal the surface was our favourite Junckers HP Commercial. Not even 3 but four coats of it for that extra level of protection.