Affordable Floor Installation Services in Harpenden
FlooringFirst wood floor fitting services are available across Harpenden. As a local expert in installation of parquet, hardwood and engineered floors, we are confident to offer to our customers professional expertise and guaranteed quality brought in with friendly customer care.
FlooringFirst! is pleased to advise that our wood floor installation service is available throughout Harpenden.
Whether its your home or place of work, you can rest assured that your wooden floors are looked after by experienced and fully insured wood floor fitters.
What's Included in Our Floor Installation Service?
Our wood floor fitting service includes obligation free site visit and quotations in Harpenden as well an expert advice on flooring products, free flooring samples and maintenance. When you choose our fitters, you choose less headache, more choice and one supplier of service + products, as we bring it all together for you at reasonable price:
- Parquet flooring fitting - single and double herringbone, plus various other patterns, borders and deco borders available
- Hardwood fitting
- Engineered wood floor installation
- Laminate floor installation
- 2 Years Service Guarantee. We make sure your property is prepared. Moisture & temperature readings will be collected from flooring, environment and subfloor.
- Subfloor levelling - plying down, boarding and application of self-levelling compounds
- Liquid DPM application (damp-proofing) for concrete base
- Doors and door frames trimming
- Fitting of underlays and noise reducing insulation
- Floor repairs - refitting of floorboards and replacement of parquet, hardwood and engineered wood flooring
- Supply and install reclaimed pine floorboards and reclaimed parquet flooring
- Supply of parquet blocks, engineered, solid and laminate flooring
- Supply and fitting of skirting boards, beading and various accessories
- Restoration and maintenance of your wooden floors
- GET EXTRA 10% DISCOUNT on our Clean & Polish service for all floors fitted or restored by FlooringFirst!
Wooden floors can bring in a huge difference at your home and office environment - they provide the natural element, which we all prefer to have in our surroundings and they are easy to maintain. Wooden floors and laminate flooring are known as well as an allergy reducer.
With our knowledge and experience in installation of wooden floors we may find the right product for your home together - with our expert knowledge on subfloors, products and method of installation and your preference of finish and colour. For advice on products, get in touch with your qualified flooring installers in Harpenden, Monday - Saturday, from 07:30 am - 05:30 pm.
Complete "Supply & Fit" Service for clients in Harpenden
FlooringFirst! offers a range of 180+ laminate products from QuickStep and Balterio. Our Supply & Fit service includes approx. 40 products of Kahrs engineered flooring and approx. 40 products of Boen engineered flooring.
Our oak parquet flooring blocks are always in stock and available in 3 grades:
- 70x230x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
- 70x280x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic (plus extra-rustic)
- 70x350x20 mm - prime, natural, rustic
When hiring a parquet floor fitter, or hardwood floor layer you would probably like as well to receive more than just good looking new floors. You would also like a friendly, reliable service from people who cares about your satisfaction all the way through. With our wood fitting service in , that's precisely what you'll get.
What Our Clients from Say About Us
“Very helpful, professional and flexible. Thank you.”
1299024000, from Harpenden, AL5
Pleasant and helpful technician.
1332802800, from Harpenden, AL5
1405551600, from Harpenden, AL5 1JD
The job carried out was fantastic, the gentleman who carried out the works was great!
1434322800, from Harpenden, AL5 4NQ
Floor Care Tips and Advice
Find Our More on Fitting Floors in
Supply And Fitting Of Oak Parquet Blocks in Harpenden
The town of Harpenden is one of those cosy little towns located close to London which still manages to retain its provincial beauty. The job that brought us there was 17 sqm supply and fit of oak parquet flooring. This project included door trimming because the newly installed parquet would change the overall height of the floor. Naturally, the surface had to be sanded, buffed and varnished in order to stay protected. However, the fitting of edgings, thresholds or skirting boards was not part of the service. Our clients seems to have wanted to do that by themselfs or maybe find someone else who will.
How did we install the parquet? There is one very important factor in parquet floor fitting – acclimatisation. You see, before actually installing the pieces, they need to stay a few weeks in the room in order to get used to the conditions. We do this because as the seasons roll, wood tends to move slightly as moisture levels change. Properly acclimatised parquet will be more stable in the long run.
The subfloor must also be flat and dry. In our case, the client had a plywood subfloor which is kind of easier to work with than, say, a concrete since moisture is rarely an issue. We cleared the subfloor, checked if it is in suitable condition and proceeded to spread the floor adhesive. In order to get the job done properly, it is important that the adhesive is still wet when the block fitting begins. Proper placing and aligning are vital.
Once the installation was completed, we sanded the floor, filled the gaps between the blocks and applied the finish. We put three coats of Junckers HP Commercial with a matt sheen for extra protection and left one more satisfied customer. In the span of 3 days we've finished the job, and the final result was more than satisfying for us and for the client.