Cork Floor Restoration Process
Cork flooring is beautiful and warm, natural-looking and unique wood floor solution. In order to extend its life span and protect its beauty, floor restoration is essential. The cork floor restoration process has been discussed below, including different flooring services such as floor sanding, floor sealing and wood floor repairs.
- Check if the cork floor you are having is solid cork floor, which would make it appropriate for floor sanding.
- Check the thickness of the cork floor and estimate is it suitable for floor sanding
- If any cork tiles need to be replaces, wait for the glue to dry properly before you start with the floor sanding.
- Floor sanding should be done with electric floor sanding machines.
- Start the floor sanding with as finer grit floor sanding paper as possible. 60-grit floor sanding paper is appropriate to start with.
- Continue the floor sanding with 100-grit and 120-grit sanding paper. Make sure the floor sanding machines are leaving smooth surface.
- Vacuum the floor after the floor sanding.
- Apply the sealant, after checking the compatibility with the cork flooring.
- Lightly buff the cork flooring and apply a second and a third coat of the sealant, while waiting for each coat to dry properly.